Dr. Powell and her staff provide a variety of services for patients throughout the southeast including; Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. Some of the ophthalmic services available at Atlanta Veterinary Eye Clinic (AVEC) include:
- Slit-Lamp Biomicroscopy
- Applanation Tonometry
- Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- Genetic Ophthalmic Screening (Optigen)
- Blepharoplasty (cosmetic or reconstructive eyelid surgery).
- Phacoemulsification (surgery for cataracts).
- Foldable IOL Implantion.
- Cryosurgery for management of eyelid tumors, glaucoma, distichia and other tumors.
- Graft surgery for management of deep corneal ulcers.
- Intraocular prosthesis for glaucoma management.
- Keratectomy (corneal surgery).
- Fitting of soft bandage contact lense for the treatment of corneal ulcers.
- Nasolacrimal Flushing
- Foreign Body Removal
- Nasal Fold Reduction
- Punctate/ Grid Keratotomy (corneal surgery)
- In-house management of critical ophthalmic surgical and medical cases.
- Nutrition is an important component of veterinary care. Your pets’ nutrition is key to their overall health and affects eye health. As your pets’ eye care professionals, we offer nutritional counseling as part of a comprehensive plan for the best overall health of your pet.